Saturday, May 5, 2007

I heard something recently about taking a "complaining fast," from an on-line acquaintance. I dread to mention it, but I think she heard about it on Oprah. I don't even own a tv, let alone get down with televangelism...I think she's a nice lady and all, but the reverence she garners freaks me out. Anyway, I was doubly freaked out when the idea of taking a fast from complaining really appealed to me.

I'm not usually a woman of extremes; I find them to be typically less useful than a careful and deliberate exploration of whatever might be in between the extremes. So going cold-turkey on bitching seems like it might be out of my league. But it could be so useful! It could really get me out of this slump I've had the last two days with work, for example. :p

It's an interesting notion. Maybe I'll just try to pay attention to how much complaining I do, and start thinking about whether what's coming out of my mouth is really what's coming out of my head.

No comments: